2D or 3D Headaches ?

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Angler Fish


This "little" fellow is an Angler Squid.

-"This type of fish is named for their characteristic mode of predation, wherein a fleshy growth from the fish's head (the esca or illicium) acts as a lure/ bait to lure other predators close enough to devour them whole; this is considered analogous to angling."-

The whole idea came from a drawing I had on an old sketchbook that I drew when I was younger.

The base model was done in 3dsmax, then imported to ZBrush where I made all the sculpting/details and paiting and then imported back to 3dsmax to be rendered with MentalRay.


The caustics displayed on the character were generated with a tweaked Noise map in the Projector Map.

Character idea, Modelling, Texturing, Rigging, Animation and Compositing in After effects were done by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment